A major system upgrade has caused turnaround delays. Standard Certificates are being given a top priority. Commemorative Certificate orders will be dispatched soon. We apologise for any inconvenience. Before applying, please review the:
- Current turnaround times at: Forms Fees & Turnaround
Our products & services
We can help with a range of services including registration and certificates for births, deaths, marriages, relationships, change of name and family history. We're also a leading provider of civil marriage ceremonies. More information:
- Complete an application at: Forms Fees & Turnaround
- Visit a Registry Office: Sydney, Parramatta, Newcastle
- Visit a Service NSW service centre
- Phone: 13 77 88 for general enquiries
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For parents of newborns
Thursday wedding offer
New - in partnership with Sydney Living Museums we are offering seven unique wedding venues including Elizabeth Bay House, Vaucluse House and The Mint. Find out more about our Thursday wedding offer.
Online certificate companies
The Registry is aware of private companies charging fees to obtain certificates on a person's behalf. These companies are not affiliated with us. Please direct any complaints about private certificate companies to Fair Trading.