Other Registries and links    

You may wish to contact other Registries, government departments or associations if you are a resident of New South Wales but born in another state or overseas.

The links below provide information on a range of domestic and international Registries, Local Courts and associations. 

Australian Registries

Service NSW

Find your nearest service centre using by entering your postcode or suburb using the locator below.

Service NSW locator

Local Court locations in NSW

You can apply for certificates at many Local Courts, listed in the Service Centre locator. For locations, contact information and sitting arrangements of each court visit Local Court

Court locations for lodging certificate applications: Albion Park; Ballina; Bellingen; Belmont; Blayney; Boggabilla; Brewarrina; Byron Bay; Camden; Casino; Cootamundra; Dunedoo; Dungog; Gulgong; Gundagai; Gunnedah; Holbrook; Katoomba; Kyogle; Leeton; Lockhart; Macksville; Manilla; Moss Vale; Mullumbimby; Murwillumbah; Muswellbrook; Narromine; Nowra; Oberon; Peak Hill; Picton; Port Kembla; Rylstone; Scone; Taree; Toronto; Tumut; Wauchope; Wee Waa; Wellington; Windsor; Woy Woy; Yass.

Overseas Registries


View legislation on births, deaths and marriages. Information relating to the Registry can be found under the Births, Deaths and Marriages Act (1995) and the Commonwealth Marriage Act (1961).

For more information visit www.legislation.nsw.gov.au 

Funeral Director Associations

To search a database to locate a funeral director in a specific area visit Australian Funeral Directors Association 

For information on NSW funeral directors and code of ethics members must abide by visit Funeral Directors Association of NSW 

Marriage celebrants

To find an authorised civil or religious marriage celebrant in NSW or download a Notice of Intended Marriage form visit Attorney-General's Department 

Wills and Probate

For information on making wills, managing trust funds, assets, deceased estates, private client services and related products and services visit Supreme Court 

You can also visit NSW Trustee & Guardian for information on making wills, managing trust funds, assets, deceased estates, private client services and other related products and services.