BDM Home > Changes and corrections

​Changes and corrections

There may be occasions when you need to change the registered details on a certificate. If you believe an error has been made on your certificate, you can apply to have it corrected.

Making a correction isn't the same as making a change to a certificate. A different process for correcting a certificate and changing a certificate applies.

Corrections are classified as administrative errors such as spelling mistakes.

Changes may include:

  • Changing your name or your child's name
  • Adding a parent to a birth certificate
  • Modifying information that was incorrectly supplied at time of registration

In this section

Apply to add a parent to a birth to add a parent new_150x150.png page navigation
Change of name of name new_150x150.png page navigation
Change of sex of sex new_150x150.png page navigation
Correct an entry an entry.png page navigation
Replace change of name certificate a change of name cert new_150x150.png page navigation