The Registry holds over 18 million records
of events registered in NSW, including:
- Early church records (baptismal, marriages and burials)
from 1788 to 1855.
early church codes.
- Birth, death and marriage registrations from 1856.
We collect sensitive and private data
about you and your family, and have stringent entitlement and
identification policies to protect against Identity Fraud. Our certificates
are categorised as 'restricted' or 'unrestricted':
- Restricted records — normally
only available to the person named on the certificate and
identification is always required.
- Family History records are unrestricted, so they are easy for anyone to obtain.
Births - 100 years ago or more
Deaths - 30 years ago or more
Marriages - 50 years ago or more
Search historical indexes
- Only limited information is available to view online, however you have the option to purchase a Family History Certificate for all available information.
- Certificates ordered on-line are posted to Australian and International addresses by standard mail and do not incur a postage fee.
- Turnaround times
Back to Top